Puzzle Writing Resources
This is a list of resources specific to writing hunt puzzles and hunts. Puzzle Resources gives a list of general resources, while Puzzle Solving Resources gives resources tailored for solving puzzles; many of these resources are helpful when constructing puzzles as well. (for instance, if you want to find words that fit a certain pattern when filling out a grid)
Guides[edit | edit source]
Puzzle Writing[edit | edit source]
- How to write a fun puzzle, by Jay Lorch
- Introduction to Writing Good Puzzle Hunt Puzzles
- Puzzlecraft, a paid resource but contains tips on creating many specific genres of puzzles.
- How to Write a BANG Puzzle
Puzzle Hunt Event Hosting[edit | edit source]
Hunt Organization[edit | edit source]
For smaller hunts, a spreadsheet may be sufficient for tracking progress.
- Puzzlord, an updated version of Puzzletron written in Django
- Puzzletron, hunt organization software used by MIT Mystery Hunt writing teams from 2011
Puzzle Construction Tools[edit | edit source]
- Qxw, for gridding