Baby Shower Balloon (MIT Mystery Hunt 2020)
|Baby Shower Balloon|
|MIT Mystery Hunt 2020|
|Author(s)||Linda Holman and Rachel Petterson|
|Answer||Click to revealCRIB|
|No. total guesses||74|
Baby Shower Balloon is a physical puzzle from the Balloon Vendor round of the 2020 MIT Mystery Hunt.
Puzzle Elements[edit | edit source]
- Physical - Teams were asked to submit a phrase that would prompt a visit from the Balloon Vendor, who would deliver a single balloon. Click to revealPopping the balloon revealed the actual puzzle: blue and pink confetti in the shape of animals.
- Identification (Zoology) - The animals must be identified... or rather, the specific term for an animal of the gender indicated by the color must be identified. The single pink swan, for example, is a PEN.
- Indexing - Each type of confetti occurs some number of times. These are indices.
- Reordering (Size) - The confetti also has variously-sized "eyes" punched into each piece. Order the letters by increasing eye size to get...
- Final Clue Phrase - ...RAPPER'S HOUSE, which clues a thematically appropriate answer. Final AnswerCRIB