Domino Maze (MIT Mystery Hunt 2020)
|MIT Mystery Hunt 2020|
|Big Top Carnival|
|Answer||Click to revealMAJESTIC PLURAL|
Domino Maze is a Click to revealcollaborated Physical Puzzle from the Big Top Carnival round of the 2020 MIT Mystery Hunt. It [INSERT BRIEF DESCRIPTION]
Guide before solving[edit | edit source]
Token(Few addition from rules)[edit | edit source]
- Dominoes: Start is always green one, and arrow points where to fall. Diagonally positioned dominoes can make turn and split path in 2 directions.
- All dominoes must be knocked over.
- Change: While diagonal dominoes not need to hit any others, hitting ones must be in an adjacent non-diagonal slot.
- Rotated ones are counted as repositioned too.
- Targets: Flip requires to be hit by dominoes or pivot. Also can continue the chain reaction.
- Must be flipped in order. Usually it means ascending order (I, II, then III).
- Can't be hit by diagonal Dominoes.
- Blocker: Prevents other tokens from being placed in diagonal slots. May stops pivot.
- Pivots: Spins to add u-turn way in the opposite position. Must be hit by closest slot parallel to a Pivot Wing.
- Always start at its highest point, with its wings over diagonal slots.
- Should not be used to hit another Pivot.
- Change: Doesn't need to hit others.
- Wall: Prevents Domino from being placed in a since vertical or horizontal slot. Can also be used to prevent diagonal dominoes accidentally hitting others in an adjacent row.
- Top Grid, 4 grid legs, and Staircase: Each are separated when counting repositioned.
- Each staircase holds 3 dominoes and continues chain up or down to the other grid.
- Legs must attached to the four corners of the Top Grid.
- Any tokens on Top layer will be repositioned if moving Top grid itself.
Setup and Tips[edit | edit source]
- Most of "position given" dominoes in new challenges are not giving direction. Click to revealThis included in Top levels while original instruction not mentioning.
- Must place all Dominoes and Tokens shown under "Add to Grid" too.
- Each card only gives one solution in ascending order.
Solve Path[edit | edit source]
Puzzle Elements[edit | edit source]
- Physical Puzzle - The puzzle asks solvers to visit HQ with a code to obtain a Click to revealDomino Maze and new challenge cards.
- Synonyms - Received puzzle's instruction mentioned that 7-letter phrase is synonym of the 14-letter answer.