Cryptex Hunt 2022
|Cryptex Hunt 2022|
|No. of Rounds||1|
|No. of Puzzles (Feeders and Metas)||11|
|Timeframe and Location|
|Start Time||Feb 28 2022, 8:00pm ET|
|Finishing Time (Winning Team)||Mar 6 2022,1:00pm ET|
|Official End Time||Mar 31 2022, 11:59pm ET|
|Cryptex Hunt Chronology|
Cryptex Hunt 2022 is a event in the Cryptex Hunt franchise. It is the fifth Cryptex Hunt, ran from February 8th to March 31st, 2022, and has two Cryptex as prizes. Rather than awarding the prizes based on finish order, two draws were held with the finishers at two points in the hunt's running time as the pool of draw entrants. As was the case with all previous hunts in the franchise, the 2022 iteration of the hunt featured a prominent formatting gimmick; all puzzles had two solutions, and therefore had to be solved twice.
Structure and Theme[edit | edit source]
The 2022 Cryptex Hunt's theme was "The Hunt for Hidden Puzzles". In practice, this meant that every puzzle had a second puzzle hidden within it that needed to be solved after solving the original puzzle. To facilitate this, most puzzles provided a clear goal for their first half (such as solving a maze or finishing a game) that would result in an extraction when completed. The second halves of the puzzles instead had to be discovered without clear instructions.
The event followed a similar structure to previous events, particularly in terms of daily puzzle releases. Specifically, the first five puzzles were released one-per-day for the first five days of the event (from February 28th to March 4th), and the last six puzzles (including the metapuzzle) were released at once on March 5th.
The metapuzzle for the event only became available to solve once all puzzles (Part 1 and Part 2) had been solved.
List of Puzzles[edit | edit source]
Puzzles were titled similarly to clickbait-y advertisements. Despite puzzles having "normal" and "Part 2" versions on the hunt website, their content is identical between both links.
- Can these weird clovers tell your fortune?
- Are you smarter than a robot?
- Report to the Wizarding Academy immediately!
- Discover your true puzzle-solver name
- We know what you're watching
- What could possibly go in these blanks?
- Test your babysitting skills in this realistic scenario
- This Wordle is messing with everyone’s heads
- Only a music maestro can figure out this melody
- This strange crossword makes no sense
- Can you crack this Cryptex®? (META)
Prizes[edit | edit source]
The 2022 Cryptex Hunt had two prizes, but neither were given out directly to participants who finished in a particular placement. Instead, teams or individuals who completed the final puzzle by either 1PM ET on March 6th or midnight ET on March 31st would be entered into one or both of the draws for the prizes.
The first draw was only for those who finished by March 6th, and was for a Custom Nevins Line Cryptex® Security Box, while the second draw (for a Standard 5 Code Ring Cryptex® Security Box) was for anyone who finished prior to the end of the month (including those who had been entered into the first draw, but excluding the winner of the grand prize).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the first event in the Cryptex Hunt franchise to drop the "puzzle hunt" moniker, citing a tendency for the event to stray from the usual conventions of a puzzle hunt, leading to some dissatisfaction from those who expected something more traditional. By dropping the name, the organizers hope to (more intentionally) cater towards those who have enjoyed the past twists in format.