MIT Mystery Hunt 2007
|MIT Mystery Hunt 2007|
|Running Team||The Evil Midnight Bombers What Bomb At Midnight|
|Winning Team||Dr. Awkward|
|Timeframe and Location|
|Location||MIT (Cambridge, MA)|
|MIT Mystery Hunt Chronology|
MIT Mystery Hunt 2007 was the 27th iteration of the MIT Mystery Hunt. It was run by The Evil Midnight Bombers What Bomb At Midnight, the winners of the 2006 Mystery Hunt. The theme of the hunt was evil and the seven deadly sins, possibly inspired by the name of the running team. The coin was found by Dr. Awkward at 2:14am, Sunday, January 14th.
Plot[edit | edit source]
At the start of the hunt, teams were promised by a mysterious motivational speaker Michael Fauntleroy the chance to win the hunt by solving only 5 puzzles by signing a contract. However, it turns out that the contract involved terms where teams sold their souls to the devil (the speaker's full name being M. F. Stopheles) for a penny. Teams had to then take courses in how to be evil in various fields in order to match the devil in evilness in order to defeat him in the final showdown.
List of Rounds[edit | edit source]
Mentions in Other Media[edit | edit source]
- This American Life - Dire Enigmas for Elite Fans
Reviews and Write Ups[edit | edit source]
From Evil Bombers[edit | edit source]
- foggyb - MIT Mystery Hunt Woot
- Heaneyland! - Hunting and Gathering
Others[edit | edit source]
- cananian - Great Hunt!
- dalryaug - This is what happened as best I remember it.
- devjoe - We won!
- dr_whom - Not Really a Meme - (no subject)
- dumble - More Mystery Hunt thoughts: Metas
- Eric Berlin - The Devil made me do it
- intothewoods - The Hunt
- jadelennox - where the mystery hunt can learn from fandom
- Jessie L. - IAP is moving along
- Laura N. - Take THAT, Microsoft
- mako - MIT Mystery Hunt
- Matt McGann - Mystery Hunt Day 1 - Mystery Hunt 2007
- Neuromancer - A 2007 Account
- noahspuzzlelj - Overall - Round VIII Meta - Puzzles
- prog - Hunt is over
- qaqaq - I guess we had the best duck.
- redcat9 - (no subject)
- tahnan - 2007 Mystery Hunt