Fortune Teller (MIT Mystery Hunt 2020)
|MIT Mystery Hunt 2020|
|Author(s)||Linda Holman, Nina Hinrichs, and Dave "Rico" Fisher|
|Answer||Click to revealLOCALITY|
|No. total guesses||60|
Fortune Teller is an interactive puzzle from the Wizard's Hollow round of the 2020 MIT Mystery Hunt. It is one of many ClueKeeper-based puzzles in the hunt.
Puzzle Elements[edit | edit source]
- Interactive (ClueKeeper) - The puzzle was presented through the ClueKeeper app.
- Flavortext - So you’ve come to seek your fortune. Alas, my crystal ball is clouded and not working properly. I cannot predict your fortune until my crystal ball is repaired. However, you may help me by clearing the clouds from my visions of specific locations across the MIT campus.
- I Have Traveled Forty Parsecs - The app provides a number of "fortunes" (clues towards locations on the MIT Campus). After arriving at the location, the solver can then see the associated "vision" (an image of something at that location); by lining up the vision with the real thing, the solver can swipe on the screen to clear the clouds away.
- Pun - Completing eight of these tasks reveals the following riddle: "What size of clothing do fortune tellers wear?" Click to revealThe answer to this riddle is MEDIUM.
- Interaction - Solving the aforementioned pun yields a phrase to submit, which triggers an interaction with the fortune teller. This interaction provides the final answer for the puzzle within the now-fixed crystal ball.