MIT Mystery Hunt 2012
|MIT Mystery Hunt 2012|
|Winning Team||Manic Sages|
|Timeframe and Location|
|Location||MIT (Cambridge, MA)|
|MIT Mystery Hunt Chronology|
MIT Mystery Hunt 2012 was the 32nd iteration of the MIT Mystery Hunt. It was run by Codex, the winners of the 2011 Mystery Hunt. The theme of the hunt was musical theater, and in particular the musical The Producers.
Like the plot of the musical, the hunt involved producing six terrible musicals in order to write off expenses to the investors in order to pocket the difference. However, just as
List of Rounds[edit | edit source]
|Round Title||Number of Feeder Puzzles||Number of Metapuzzles|
Mentions in Other Media[edit | edit source]
Reviews and Write Ups[edit | edit source]
From Codex[edit | edit source]
- Alex Calhoun - A Backstage Pass to the 2012 MIT Mystery Hunt
- bemasc - Mysteries
- brokenwndw - 2012 Hunt Review
- cananian - 2012 Mystery Hunt
- dayan - (no subject)
- James Grimmelman - Mystery Hunt 2012 - Puzzles for Lawyers - Mystery Hunt 2012 (flickr photoblog)
- mako - Mystery Hunt
- novalis - The MIT Mystery Hunt and the Illusion of Transparency
- ppaladin - MIT Mystery Hunt
- scotthandelman - I Wanna Be a Producer...
- The Longest Now - MYSTERY HUNT 2012: ROMANCING THE NOTES
Others[edit | edit source]
- Anna H. - Let's do a puzzle.
- colossusofrhode - The Annual Mystery Hunt Post 2012
- cougarfang - (no subject)
- dalryaug - Hunt 2012: A musical experience
- devjoe - MIT Mystery Hunt 2012 recap, or, How Wide is the Reference Lasagna?
- dr_whom - Where did they go right? - The post wherein I comment on Mystery Hunt puzzles - What I really spent the Mystery Hunt doing
- Eric Berlin - Scenes from the Hunt
- Eric Prestemon - MIT Mystery Hunt 2012, A Solving Log - JFK SHAGS A SAD SLIM LASS - Yo Dawg... (part 1) - Yo Dawg... (part 2)
- Happy Orange World - Mystery Hunt makes me happy!
- heszterhegyi - Mystery Hunt, Day 1 - Day 2 - Mystery Hunt wrapup
- Jason McIntosh - Slash Fiction and other puzzles
- motris - Quick Mystery Hunt Wrap-up
- mystery_fish - We're solving! We're sleep-depped and we're solving!
- rhysara - (no subject)
- shaunagm - Puzzled
- stringofbits - MIT Mystery Hunt
- sniffnoy - Question on team sizes -- Mystery Hunt vs. Scav Hunt - Mystery Hunt roundup, 2012
- temporary-obsession - “Let’s Put On a Flop!”: The Agony and the Ecstasy of Mystery Hunt 2012
- Tyler Hinman - The play's the thing
- zotmeister - Hunt (Part 1)
Leaderboard[edit | edit source]
Data taken from the solve log provided in this link. Finishers are ranked by the last meta solve. Other teams are ranked by number of solves.
|1||Manic Sages||119||2012-01-14 10:19:02 PM|
|2||Luck, Stuck on Two Open Puzzles||109||2012-01-15 3:31:30 AM|
|3||Too Big To Fail||109||2012-01-15 3:31:32 AM|
|4||Team Left Out||118||2012-01-15 5:04:19 AM|
|5||Metaphysical Plant||108||2012-01-15 1:28:03 PM|
|9||Immoral, Illegal, and Fattening||83|
|10||Knights of the Random Table||82|
|12||Death From Above||61|
|13||Just for the Halibut||50|
|14||Project Electric Mayhem||46|
|15||Grand Unified Theory of Love||40|
- Critic rounds additionally use answers from the show rounds; the number of show answers that are used are marked by the (+x) number.