Puzzle Solving Resources
This is a list of resources specific to solving hunt puzzles and hunts. Puzzle Resources gives a list of general resources, while Puzzle Writing Resources gives resources tailored for writing puzzles; some of these resources may be helpful when solving puzzles as well.
Tool Collections[edit | edit source]
- Puzzlehunt.Net - Tools - A collection of useful tools for Word- or Cipher-based puzzles.
- QHex - Various puzzle tools, for both word and logic puzzles.
- Snap / util.in - Collection of tools including a word search solver, anagram solver, and regex finder
- Wikibruce Puzzle Tools - A lot of tools, including measurement conversions, steganography, ciphers, and linguistic resources.
- Red Luth Riddle Tools - Collection of tools, mostly for codes and ciphers
Google Sheets utilities[edit | edit source]
- Google Sheet Puzzle Tricks by Softfro - Sheet containing various Google Sheets tricks, techniques and formulae.
- The Mathemagicians' Sheet Template - A template with useful resources and Sheet formulae, and custom functions
Transcription[edit | edit source]
- Xword Group - Crossword grid maker.
- Crossword Parser - Translates an image of a crossword grid to a copyable spreadsheet.
Reverse Image Search[edit | edit source]
- Huntress - Chrome browser extension
Word Finders and Pattern Matchers[edit | edit source]
- NPL Flat Solver - A collection of tools to help solve NPL-style Flat puzzles
- Nutrimatic - Regex word and phrase finder.
- Qat (Quinapalus) - Regex word finder, with multiple dictionaries. Also includes a French version.
- Onelook - Multi-Dictionary Regex-ish word and phrase finder.
- AlphaSearch! - Word finder, allows using custom word lists.
- Missing letters crossword solver - crossword solving help
- Phonetic word search
- 千篇国学 (QianP) - Chinese character, phrase, and idiom dictionary
- zi.tools - Chinese character search tools
Anagram Solvers[edit | edit source]
- Anagram Solver
- Internet Anagram Server (Wordsmith)
- Iterative Anagram Solver - Helps with solving multi-word anagrams word-by-word.
Puzzle hunt codes and codesheets[edit | edit source]
- Morse Code Translator
- ASCII to Hex - Does what it says on the tin, along with other numerical encryption + Rot13.
- Monkey - Quick Morse code, Braille, Semaphore, and Amino Acid conversion
- mstang - Puzzle Tools - Braille, Morse, Semaphore (with keyboard controls)
- A Quick Guide to Codes and Ciphers - Poster by Justin Ladia
Apps[edit | edit source]
- Puzzle Sidekick (iOS)
- Puzzlehunt Assistant (Android)
- Puzzle Pal (Android)
- Puzzle Tools (Windows Phone)
Ciphers[edit | edit source]
- Quipqiup - Cryptogram solver.
- Rumkin Cipher Tools
- Rot-n Decoder - Variable caesar cipher decoding, including multiple shifts at once.
- DCode - Various ciphers.
- Cryptii - Various ciphers.
Logic Puzzle Solvers[edit | edit source]
For Nikoli-like grid logic puzzles, also see Comparison of logic puzzle solvers for a list of genres that these websites support.
- Noq - Grid-based logic puzzle solver.
- Sudokuwiki - Step-by-step sudoku solver, also supports diagonal and killer sudoku
- f-puzzles - Sudoku solver supporting many different variants
- pzprRT - Logic puzzle solver supporting Yajilin, Heyawake, Masyu, Slitherlink, Tapa, and other genres
- Nikoli Puzzle Solver - Logic puzzle solver based on Penpa+.
- PolyForm Puzzle Solver - Polyomino (and other shapes) dissection solver
- LogicalSolver - Helper for solving logic grid or Einstein riddles-like puzzles
- grilops - Library for useful constraint solving tools specifically for logic puzzles (intended for coding to solve new or variant puzzle types)